What's your favorite seasoning and/or spice?

I thought this would be a fun question for today! What’s your favorite seasoning and/or spice?

I mainly bake and cardamom has become my secret ingredient. I often add it now to give a little extra flavor that many people aren’t as familiar with!

3 Likes

I literally never think to use cardamom, but it’s soo good! My go-to lately for doing a quick spruce-up is cumin. I also use cayenne pepper in just about everything. :slight_smile:

I sometimes add just a teeny bit of cayenne pepper to baked goods, too. People are always pleasantly surprised by the little kick.

3 Likes

I have too many favourite spices, i could never just choose one. But if I only had to one have blend of spices to use for the rest of my life would be the Baharat (middle eastern spice blend) I use it with almost everything.

1 Like

Recently I have been making my own spice blends and my current favorite is Piri Piri, I especially love it on lamb chops. but even just on grilled veg it’s great

2 Likes

Yum, that sounds amazing @ChefMireille !!

I use alot of spices in my day to day cooking so it is difficult for me to choose my favorite one. However mt top picks include:

• Turmeric
  • Cumin
  • Cinnamon
  • Saffron

I also like to make my own spice blend to use in my dishes.

salt. people tend to be afraid to use salt but it can literally “make it or break it” when it comes to baking and cooking

1 Like

So true! I can’t live without salt (in sweet and savoury dishes). When it is used correctly, it elevates flavour like nothing else.

My go-to spice is most likely cumin. I also love za’atar with Maldon salt flakes on (almost) everything. Herby, savoury, nutty and fruity. What more can a girl want?

Being an Indian, the spices I use to make the platters taste delightful are:

• Dried Red Chilies
  • Fenugreek Seeds
  • Cardamom
  • Cilantro
  • Garam Masala
  • Turmeric
  • Cloves
  • Salt

These can enhance can the tanginess of any dish to a whole new level!
Use them “Swaad Anusar”. - (As per your taste preferences)

1 Like

So true! I have enjoyed switching to cooking with sea salt specifically but even different kinds of salts are interesting to use and incorporate into cooking.