What's one change/mindset shift you've made in the last year that's really helped you?

Was wondering what’s one change/mindset shift you’ve made in the last year that’s really helped you?

I think mine has been to continually focus and figure out my niche based on what I’m good at and my personality. Really lean into that and try to build a business around it. It’s hard because it’s taken some thinking outside of the box to come up with different offerings and different projects. I’ve even said “no” to a few things!!! I never would have done that before.

2 Likes

I love this topic! Great thread!

I had an a-ha moment after talking to Anushree from Simmer to Slimmer in EBT episode 65. She was talking about how she focuses on ONE big project at a time outside of typical keep-the-blog-functioning duties. My mind could not comprehend this idea at first because I have like 10 projects I’m working on at any given time and that is how I’ve always operated.

Since our chat, though, I’ve really tried to focus on just one big thing at a time so I can give it my full attention rather than giving 10 different things a small part of my energy. This also aligns with something I read in a business book recently about the concept of “cycling” where you focus on one big project for a few months (then the next, and so on) in order to tap into the magic of flow and not interrupt it.

2 Likes

Mine has been to let things go and realize I can’t do everything myself forever.
I’m a control freak so it was hard but I’ve hired 2 VA’s and someone else who makes my videos.
It’s so nice to not have to do it all myself anymore!

2 Likes

That’s great. I have a hard time hiring out for anything, too.

@Mel I sooo feel you on this one! Taking that leap into hiring and trusting other people is so ridiculously hard. But then once you do it, it is freeing and wonderful. :laughing:

2 Likes