What to do with this healthy post

So I have a post I wrote back in 2015 about the Healthiest Bacon to buy. That was back before I knew that using the word healthy was not a good idea unless I have claims to back it up (I do not).

I am trying to figure out what to do with this post. I actually rank well for healthy bacon but I don’t have the authority behind it. I don’t want to just delete this post.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I personally would try to find some authoritative articles to link to regarding any claims you make. All of my recipes are gluten-free so whenever I talk about a subject related to the gluten-free diet or celiac disease, I link to an article with good information to back up my statements.

1 Like

I love what @Katie suggested. Link to those claims if you are not an authority yourself!

1 Like

@megan I loved what @Katie said as well.

I think that’s a good idea. I really want to re-do this post as the info in it is outdated and I have changed my philosophy.

1 Like

for very healthy tasty Indian recipes just look a

I definitely agree with Katie, I have an old post about the health benefits of ginger tea and how I make it and I linked it to medical articles.

In the future, when planning for a post like this, you might consider reaching out to someone personally and getting an official quote on an opinion. I also think it’s often overlooked to search scholarly articles (scholar.google.com), which is what many other sites do when sourcing medical or health-related opinions. Be sure to search for “peer-reviewed” articles as these are more credible.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. I am not planning to write any more posts like this in the future. I am keeping this one around because it does get traffic.

1 Like

@Zully I didn’t know about scholar.google! That is super helpful! Thank you for sharing that!

1 Like