What is working for you on FB?

Facebook and I have had a tumultuous relationship, both on the business and personal sides. I’m currently trying to figure out what the heck to do with FB on the business side.

Here’s what I know…

• 2% of my traffic comes from FB.
  • I pay an amazing FB marketing guru $125/month to manage my FB account.
  • My engagement has improved quite a bit since pandemic craze.
  • I haven’t gained many new followers at all this year.

So I’m trying to figure out if it’s all worth it! Is 2% of my traffic worth $1,500/year? I have major FB burnout, but we’ve invested so much time and energy (and $$) into it that I don’t feel I can just let it go completely.

What works for you and what doesn’t work for you? What are your thoughts??

I’m following this thread! I feel the same, and I don’t pay anyone to do anything for me. I’ve never been great at using FB for personal use, and the transition to business use has been far more challenging to me than figuring out other avenues like Pinterest and Instagram, which make more sense to me.

1 Like

I seem to have Facebook weighed off. For now anyway!
It’s growing like crazy and my engagement is really good.
I do it myself. Once a month I schedule a months worth of posts using the Facebook scheduler. 5 posts a day. Its tedious and I dread doing it but once it’s done that’s it for a month.
I go into the Facebook analytics and see when my people are online most and schedule my posts around those times.
I always post a joke-y type post, meme or something controversial to start the day. It gets everyone reacting and commenting and boosts engagement for everything else.
Then I share 3 of my own recipes and a popular one of someone else’s. One of mine is a video, one a regular post, and one is a comment from a reader about a recipe with a link to it. They tend to be popular.
What you’re paying seems a lot. I’d be expecting massive growth for that! I’d rather invest that money in Pinterest because that brings the traffic.
Facebook isn’t really a traffic driver. I have nearly 100,000 followers and only 5% of traffic comes from it. It’s more important for building your brand presence and community.

4 Likes

@Mel this is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. This is sooo helpful! Thank you!

For some people FB is a huge traffic driver (never has been for me), so I know that’s possible. I love your strategy and I love hearing how quickly your account is growing!

2 Likes