Virtual Zoom Party

Hey everyone.

So next month on the 18th, I am hosting a virtual zoom party on the topic of popcorn. I a doing Q&A, I have a brand sharing a product, and another blogger doing a demo.

Has anyone else hosted a live virtual event before (Zoom, Instagram, Facebook, etc)? I would love to hear any tips you might have or things you wish you would have done better.

I did a weekly Instagram Live in March. Doing some testing before the event definitely helped. Even with that, one of my guests realize she didn’t have the IG app updated, and so didn’t have access to the same features I did. We solved that, but encouraging people to have latest update of whatever platform is a good idea.

I’ve done some live wine tasting events on Zoom as well, have another coming up in May. Those were more targeted, people signed up in advance to get the link. Whereas IG relied more on people seeing the event happening in their feed.

I’ve done several (Hi Eric!) ranging from a simple Zoom “happy hour” when everyone was on camera, to more focused sessions on Demio or streamed to YouTube/Facebook through StreamYard. Definitely practice first if you can, but the best advice is to try and keep it simple for the first one! And know what you are trying to get out of hosting it, so you can have your pitches ready.

1 Like