Site down. :(

I had an issue with renewing my domain registrar, so my site has been down all day and it may take up to 72 hours to restore it. :frowning: I know it’s just a blip (and I’ve been through my site being down before) but knew I could get some encouragement here, from you awesome people.
:pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

Stupid domain registrations! Hang in there!

Oh no Megan! I’m so sorry. It will come back - hopefully even sooner than they say!

Thank you @taryn and @jasonlogsdon !
I have literally been on the phone all day long. I’ve talked to at least 12 different people. I’m ready to cry. :scream:

Lessons from the day:

• Food bloggers should never use bluehost/justhost for hosting OR as domain registrar, in my opinion. Their customer support is awful! Overall, they were extremely rude, each of them assessing my situation TOTALLY differently and advising to do conflicting things from one call to the next.
  • If you change your web hosting to a reputable company like Bigscoots, TRANSFER YOUR DOMAIN, as well.
  • Alcohol on a Tuesday night might need to happen.

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Sounds like a horribly frustrating experience!
Tuesday night cocktails are the best though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you said that Megan because I’ve transferred my hosting but my domain I think is still with Bluehost. I’ll have to look at having it switched over.

I’m sorry you’re going through this!

Yes! Get it switched!
I didn’t even realize my domain was still with them, so I blew off renewal emails. The missed payment did some sort of system reset that seems unfixable and has wasted so much human energy today.
I will be recording a podcast episode about this!

:tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink:

Oh no! explains why I got a broken link notice to a couple posts of mine that link to yours.

I will definitely check about my registrar – moved hosting to Big Scoots last year can’t recall if I moved the registration.

1 Like

@CookingChat Yep, that would explain the broken links. They should be good now! We’re back up!