Post Tracking Spreadsheet

I would love to hear best practices for how you structure your post tracking spreadsheet. What columns do you have/what are you tracking? Do you use Google Sheets or something else?

I am long overdue in getting this set up because I am paralyzed by not really knowing where to start. I know that it needs the blog title, URL, primary keywords, date posted. I want to incorporate how it has been put out on social media/Pinterest, but not quite sure the best way to do that or if that would be overwhelming.

Thanks for sharing how you do things!

2 Likes

Hi @Stateofdinner Erin! I will tell you what I have in my spreadsheet, so let me know if this helps. Iā€™d say just get one started, even if it just has a few columns and build it from there.

DATE POSTED
CATEGORY
TITLE
POSSIBLE DELETE
YOAST UPDATED
LINKS CHECKED
SENT THROUGH PINTEREST
REINDEXED
GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE 3-MO AVG POS

Thank you, Megan! This is great!

I tend to go into data overload and probably will fall on the too many columns versus too few columns side of the spectrum. :rofl: I started one yesterday and so far I have:

Title
Status (testing recipe, shooting photos, writing blog, live, needs updating, etc.)
URL
Date Live
IG Date
Recipe Rating
Targeted Keywords
60 Day Ranking
Number of Pins Made
Video Added

1 Like

@Stateofdinner this is great! I like that you include number of pins made. Video is great, too!