Podcast Episode #174: Setting Pinterest Expectations in 2021

Do you get discouraged with finding success on the Pinterest platform? Put an emoji below showing your overall feelings towards the search engine. :flushed: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rage:

2020 was a tumultuous year for creating a strategy on Pinterest. Kate Ahl of Simple Pin Media gives us the scoop about how to forge ahead in 2021 on the popular platform.
:100:* Story pins: Find out whether they are worth your time and learn a few tips about how to make them more user-friendly.
:100:* Video pins: Learn how many you should be uploading weekly.
:100:* Sponsored work: Don’t discount Pinterest as a way to offer value to brands you’d like to work with.

As always, you can listen to this episode on your favorite podcast player or read show notes and get a full transcript on our EBT website !

2 Likes

I listened to the first half of the episode this morning before I ran out of time on my run. This afternoon I created a story pin. I hadn’t done one since August 2020. I’ll try to do a few more. :grin:

3 Likes

helpful nudge to focus on trying some new things on Pinterest! Jumprope as a tool for story pins was mentioned. I’ve used Jumprope for video pins…which of the buttons on Jumprope does one use to create a story pin? I’m a bit confused by the multiple Pinterest buttons there.

1 Like

@CookingChat You should see it when you click the “create” dropdown…
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.20.17 AM

Oh, I was meaning which option in jumprope to use to export – there are several for Pinterest. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh sorry! Yes, there are a few options. Try the one that just says “pin” underneath that is a little bit taller (not the square option). Does that make sense?

OK, thanks, got it! Giving it a try.

1 Like