Pinterest Pin Feedback

Hi everyone, I hope you’re having a fabulous Tuesday!

I’m pretty new to Pinterest, new as in I’m finally posting my pins to gain blog traffic, but my pins aren’t getting as many views or engagement. I need your feedback on my pins, any constructive criticism is allowed, I’m ready for it all, let me have it lol

I create five different pins for each recipe so this is one of my pins for this recipe. The size is 1000 x 1500 px. I’m not sure if that’s the right size, if not, please let me know too.

Thank you all so much in advance!

1 Like

I think your image is beautiful. One thing that works for me on Pinterest is to go into Lightroom or whatever program you’re using for editing and zoom in using crop. The zoomed in/tight images seem to grab attention. I tried it after reading a suggestion on a FB group and instantly saw results. Also, check how fonts read on mobile as most users come from mobile. My earlier fonts were way to small on light. Hope that helps :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice! I will definitely apply all your tips asap, I never thought about checking the font size on my phone. Thank you so much this most definitely helps! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think your pin is great. good title and subtitle, great photo and site link. Do you pin them from your site or load them within the pinterst platform? I am finding i do better loading them in manually. If i use tailwind I get about zero activity on a pin. I’m finding it gets the most view/pins/clicks if I animate the pin in Canva. Have you tried that at all?
I also find my old pins from a few years back generate all my traffic mostly. The new stuff only is active for about 24 hours then it kinda dies down. I might get 45 pins or clicks the first 24 hours and then the stats just tank on that pin.
Gina

1 Like

Hi @kitjen ! As far as size, you should use a 2:3 ratio, so 1000x1500px is perfect.

I think your pin looks great! The photo is mouth-watering and adding “15-minute” to the description makes it more appealing. One thing you can try is experimenting with a few different colors/styles, using them consistently over time and then seeing which style gets the most traction. Then just keep tweaking and experimenting!

Also, are you creating Pinterest story pins? Creating them consistently has definitely “boosted” my regular static pins, so it’s worth playing with.

Like @Ginainga mentioned, you can also experiment with uploading pins in different ways to see what works best for you. Try uploading some directly through Pinterest, manually pin some from your blog and schedule some.

If you haven’t taken our free Pinterest challenge, you should give it a try! Hopefully you’ll pull some nuggets out of it.

1 Like

Hi Gina!
I actually load my pins manually through the Pinterest platform. Animate? I actually never thought of that. Do you animate the title of the photos?

Thank you so much for the honest feedback and advice. I will be adding these tips to my pins from now on and test if I gain more activity.

Jennifer

Hi Megan!

Oooh, ok, I’ll try that. I’ll keep this style for a month or so and see how it performs and tweak as I go.

No, I’m not creating Pinterest stories. I honestly, don’t know how to upload them, I don’t see a button or anything. Is it by the “+” sign on the Pinterest planner?

I normally post my pins manually through the Pinterest platform, but I’ll try uploading them through my blog and scheduling them. Do you recommend tailwind or using the scheduler on Pinterest?

Sorry, don’t mean to overwhelm you with so many questions. I’m just trying to learn as much as possible. I’ll definitely take your Pinterest challenge, I’m sure I’ll learn so much from that too.

Again, thank you so much for the kind, honest feedback and words of wisdom.

Jennifer

1 Like

@kitjen Look in your “create” pull-down menu and select “create story pin.”
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.23.15 PM

I know Pinterest had been in the process of rolling this feature out to all business accounts and I don’t know if they’ve gotten to everyone yet, so if you don’t see it yet, you will eventually (I think).

As for upload methods, try using the Pinterest scheduler and also uploading from your site. I’ve heard a lot of bloggers say recently that Tailwind isn’t currently super effective.

You’re not overwhelming me! That’s what this forum is for, so ASK AWAY!!! :grinning: :heart:

1 Like

Actually, I had this feature a few months ago on Pinterest but didn’t use it because I didn’t know exactly what it was. Now, I checked and the feature is gone.

And, I’ll definitely start using the Pinterest scheduler and uploading it from my site because I’ve also heard Tailwind isn’t super effective from other bloggers, so I’ll hold off on that right now.

YAY!! ok, then ill be asking many questions :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much Megan for answering all my questions and concerns :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Any time @kitjen !! That’s what we’re here for!

1 Like