Measurement units in recipes

Hi Everyone!

I recently had a comment from someone along the lines of “great recipe but I can’t be bothered to convert from grams to cups/ounces”.

My recipes are all small batch baking recipes, and I’ve found that ounces are a bit too imprecise (many of my recipes use quantities which are equivalent to less than half an ounce), and that cups are just as bad, so I’ve written all of my recipes in grams.

I’m a little concerned that if I give alternate measurements, then people are going to find the recipes don’t work that well because of measurement errors.

I guess I’m wondering if anyone has opinions on whether I should stick to my current method and list only grams in order to keep my recipes as accurate as possible, or if I should consider listing alternate measurements as well?

2 Likes

I would explain to the reader exactly what you explained to us. If they don’t like it, oh well.

1 Like

I second what @Sandra said. Stick with what your gut is telling you and share exactly what you have said to us here. If she’s not the right fit for you (and vice versa), it will be good to part ways!

Thank you so much @megan and @Sandra I really appreciate the reassurance!

1 Like