Looking for analytics mini course or teaching video

Ok, I’m going to be opaque, I don’t know much about maneuvering through google analytics. I was poking around trying to find my web stories but only one popped up out of the 5 I have done. I can’t figure out my pageviews for sure… and on and on. I’m so frustrated, I thought my pageviews were super low then in one area I’m close to applying to Media vine…I just don’t get it all
Does anyone have a video or blog post they like that I could learn the quick down and dirty of google analytics?
On that note…I’m going to Costco to relieve my frustrations. :wink:
Gina

2 Likes

I’m right there with you Gina! Wish there was a magic wand that would make google analytics a breeze, lol. I would love to see a video on that too…

I’ve not done this myself, most of what I’ve learned has been through paid SEO courses but google offers an intro for beginners: Google Analytics Academy

2 Likes

@Ginainga I feel your pain! GA is frustrating and it took me a looooong time to get comfortable with it. We could go over it in an upcoming mastermind? Or you could also ask Morgan to walk you through it. I think she knows it pretty well.

Costco is the perfect stress reliever! I hope it was a successful trip and did the trick! :grinning:

How can I help? I don’t have a course or even a blog post. But I work in data for my day job and so I understand analytics from the perspective of wrangling data all day. What do you want to know?

1 Like

I started it today. I like having videos…
Thank you!

1 Like

Great to hear this, I need to rewatch them.

I watched a few videos from google but still feel a bit lost. I am looking for my webstories if you could point me in the right direction., I want to know if they get any views . Also do you or @megan know if they are viewed from your own site page and if so do we get a pageview each time? this might prompt me to do more. @megan I would love to have some kind of podcast on how to use analytics to grow your site. I also would like to know what exactly are goals and how to set them up. I want to figure out how to personalize my dashboard but honestly, I don’t know what I need to know other than sessions and pageviews.

thanks, y’all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you create your link with the GA Campaign URL Builder? I tag mine webstory with the name of the recipe so I can easily see the page views under Acquisition. I have the GA app on my phone which I find much easier to use on a regular basis than the full site version.

Hi Gina,
I try to keep it simple. I haven’t created any custom dashboards for myself (I do for my clients). I only check my Users, Sessions, and Page Views. I also try not to check more than once a month because I freak out when I see drops. Does that help?
Anna