Latest podcast - your workshop on podcasts?

Hi Megan–about halfway through your podcast on conference take aways. Sounds like it was a good one!

Curious about the workshop you did on podcasts? Do you have plans to share some of that content elsewhere? I’ve been thinking about starting a podcast and done a bit of planning, would love to check out the info you presented in some fashion!

Also your mention of those how to posts reminds me that’s an area of Rank IQ I need to check out more!

3 Likes

@CookingChat I love knowing that you’re considering starting a podcast! YESSS!

I gave the presentation that I referred to at Tastemaker Conference, so if you were at the conference you’ll get access to the recording of my talk. If you weren’t there, then I think I need to find another way to deliver this same info to the rest of you, right? :slight_smile: Maybe a podcast episode about it? To be continued…

And YES! Those non-recipe posts that are run through the RankIQ optimizer are GOLD!

So fun that you’re getting ready to push publish on a podcast!!

Megan shares in episode 265 some basics as she talks with Catharina Joubert equipment and some encouragement. If you haven’t heard that episode, be sure to!

Are you going to give us a sneak peek into what the theme will be? Inquiring minds want to know! :grin:

Thanks @melissat I will check that out! My basic idea is based on “an exploration of food and drink that celebrates place and culture.” I see having bloggers on talking about what they like to make with seasonal ingredients as well as highlighting local producers of food and beverages.

3 Likes

Oooh, that’s very intriguing and fun! Keep us posted!

@jennaurben @TarynS and I thought it would be a good idea to host a Clubhouse room one of these next couple Thursdays where we discuss podcasting for food bloggers. Does next thurs 4/7 work for all of you? @CookingChat too!

1 Like

@megan That would definitely be of interest to me? Do you do those in the noon (Eastern) time slot? I could do that; meetings before and after though.

1 Like

Yes, Thursdays at noon EST!

OK great, I will put it on my calendar!

1 Like

I have a podcast, and it’s so fun. I’d be happy to answer any specific questions you have as well. The barrier to entry is pretty simple, and the costs are fairly low. You can use open source software for editing, and hosting is affordable. The biggest up front expense is a decent mic, but you don’t have to go all out. Good luck getting started!

Thanks @Renee. What is your podcast, I’d be curious to check it out.

I’m surprised that there isn’t a food or cooking podcast category in Apple podcasts. Looks like food related podcasts fall under “leisure”? Or am I missing something?

@CookingChat My podcast is not food specific, though there is a food segment at the beginning of each episode. It’s actually in the spirituality category and focuses more on mental wellbeing and navigating the world through a spiritual lens. If you’re still interested in checking it out, it’s called The How to Be Awesome Podcast.

Podcast categories are extremely broad. It’s really tricky to categorize yourself. And podcast SEO is a whole new beast to conquer as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Renee! I realized I hadn’t replied!