Keywords in WPRM

@megan I had a bunch of questions for Casy today in reference to my feast installation stuff. I mentioned this one to him also. What do you think? Was I misunderstanding in today’s talk?

In my WPRM I have always had my keywords as one long group, (whiskey steak marinade). Should it be three words, whiskey, steak, marinade instead? And yet again if this is true, I have a ton of work to do because every recipe is this way. By the way, this might be a recipe you would enjoy this summer: Whiskey Steak Marinade | Intentional Hospitality
I Will absolutely make this. For “keywords’ you should be using “phrases.” So you would go “whiskey steak marinade” and “steak marinade.” You should not just go with “whiskey” and “steak” and “marinade.” That’s not going to help you all with voice search matching.

Gina

3 Likes

@Ginainga SO glad you clarified this! THANK YOU!! Ok @melissat here’s another new tweak! :slight_smile:

ps. I understood something completely different in my talk with him, but we’ll run with this explanation. It aligns with the first thing I’d heard about keywords in recipe cards long ago.

Thanks for the info - anyone else relieved they’ve been doing it this way already? :sweat_smile: because that would be a lot of work to update.

1 Like

What I do in this field I enter all the big keywords that the #1 spot is ranking for. So I go into keysearch and open the Rankings/Traffic tab then click on the “URL Traffic” to show me all of those wonderful keywords! So far is working since I see that I ranking for more keywords since I started implementing this.

Does anyone else do something similar?
See my screenshot.

Are we supposed to add keywords to recipe cards? Does this help with SEO?

Yes, add keywords to the recipe card. I use WPRM and there is an area on there to do this.
Gina

1 Like

I don’t do this but now I am really curious, so you add several phrases in the recipe card not just the one you are trying to rank for? @megan after rereading casey’s comment again, he does say “whiskey steak marinade” and “steak marinade.” I’m going to ask this question on WPRM group about phrases. I was under the assumption we only put the phrase we want to rank for but now I am thinking there might be some SEO juice I am missing.
Gina

1 Like

Oh this is interesting, and I’m definitely not doing it the right way. :laughing: Thanks for clarifying @Ginainga

1 Like