Instagram Strategy Change

I have been taking off time from work in July (I worked ahead!), so now getting back into the swing of things. I watched this video from the head of Instagram (Head of Instagram says Instagram is no longer a photo sharing app - The Verge) a while ago. This isn’t breaking news.

With that view of Instagram and seeing my recent results, I am deciding to no longer post any images in my feed, but instead focus on stories and reels alone. I will still have content in my feed, only videos. It seems the way to go at this point. Plus in the last year my image posts are being seen way less often to the point where it really doesn’t seem to be worth my time.

3 Likes

Eric! So glad you got some time off this summer! I love your new IG strategy. Please let us know how it goes. I guess we should start reading between the lines, right?

1 Like

I will. I have done 2 reels in the last week. They are getting more eyeballs than my picture posts have gotten recently. We will see if that translated into new followers. I also need to work on getting better at it as well seeing what content does best. Too early to decide if it’s better yet.

1 Like