IG scheduling.. Planoly? Tailwind?

I have been falling short with Instagram lately as I’ve been focusing on other projects. I’m considering forcing myself to sit down once/month to schedule content so I don’t have to think about posting to IG daily.

What is your favorite IG scheduling tool and why? Or… do you post to IG on the fly and in real time?

1 Like

I’ve used Tailwind and Planoly. My favorite is Planoly because of the grid view on the left side of the screen with the calendar that shows the best times to post on the right. I love a good content planning calendar and the ability to see what my grid will look like. It allows me to move images around to get the right flow before I add text to the posts. Tailwind was clunkier for me and not as easy to look at everything on one screen. The Planoly analytics are simple and easy to see what’s performing well also.

1 Like

Thank you, I really appreciate this input! I agree that being able to see what your grid is going to look like is a huge bonus. Do you pay for the scheduling feature in Planoly?

1 Like

Does Planoly have the hashtag suggestions and about to save hashtag lists? I really like this feature on Tailwind.

1 Like

Planoly does not do hashtag suggestions. They do have an easy way to store hashtag lists by name so you can get to them to add to your posts.

1 Like

I pay for Planoly so I can store more than the limited amount of pics on the free plan. I haven’t been using the auto scheduling because I like to tag brands. I’ve also had some troubles with my Insta account not actually posting things so I have to go to History in Planoly and try again. Planoly said it was an Insta issue with my account, not on their end.

1 Like

I hadn’t been in Tailwind for awhile on the IG side, but hopped over today and remembered that they do have a grid now so you can preview what it’ll look like when posted. I might revisit scheduling through Tailwind for a bit and see how it goes. The hashtag suggestions are soooo convenient.

1 Like

Coming back to report that I spent 4 hours last night planning out IG content through Tailwind and I’m excited to see the month unfold. I have never planned IG content regularly before, so maybe juuuust maybe I can finally push past the follower number I’ve been sitting at for MONTHS. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

After reading this post I looked at Tailwind’s Instagram posting more closely. I have been having troubles with Planoly not connecting with Instagram well. My calendar would be missing the last 5-6 days of posts and the analytics were not consistently available on Planoly.

I made the switch to Tailwind this week. So far I’m loving having Instagram and Pinterest in the same place. It’s too early for me to know if there will be less problems.

1 Like

I can’t speak on Planoly, but I have been very happy with Tailwind scheduling since the beginning of the month. Seamless, no issues, I never have to check back in… I’m loving it.

How did this work out for you? I am SO bad about scheduling IG posts. I use the free Planoly plan because I like that I can see the grid and access hashtag lists.

I didn’t even know Tailwind had an IG component. But I might have to check it out! I just need to discipline myself to plan ahead.

Kim

I am LOVING scheduling IG through Tailwind. It’s going really well and there are no issues at all. I’m going to keep up with it. You can see a grid in Tailwind, too! Definitely check it out.