I am going to start a YouTube channel

I am planning to start a YouTube channel. I am thinking maybe I can do a Cook and Travel channel. The message is to create peace via Cooking and traveling. I will try to have two episodes a week, and there’s going to be a lot of preparation for cooking and a lot of travel. I know I have to sleep away from home when I’m visiting some new place.

I have never done it before. And I feel totally out of my comfort zone. But I think there is a first time for everything.
I appreciate your suggestions and pointers. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like a great format for sharing and following your adventures!

Check out EBT episodes Episode #132: Starting A YouTube Channel Over 40 - Eat Blog Talk and Episode #201: Creating Videos for YouTube- Eat Blog Talk because these specifically tie to youtube.

I’m sure there are a few bloggers who are working on youtube that can give you some tips too!

Thank you, Melissa,
I listened to the podcast, a lot of good points in there.
I loved the diversity of questions Megan was asking the guests.
I am currently doing a lot of homework. And the more I go, the more confused I feel. :unamused:
I have no idea what I am going to do next. And do not yet have a plan.
I am looking for something that is worth the time of myself and my viewers.

Those are all the right questions to ask yourself, so I think you’re on the right path.

Monday’s episode will be good to listen to - it’s all about audio and finding that passion for what you’re doing, using your voice. One of her recommendations is to listen to different kinds of podcasts. It’ll help you figure out what you like, formats you appreciate and things you don’t. You could do that or do the same with YouTube - the more you immerse yourself, the more clarity you’ll find.

Hang in there!

@pistachioguy Your new venture is exciting! My best advice is to just get started and start simple. You can always build and tweak as you grow. Jump off the cliff, THEN figure out how you’re going to land. Embrace the fact that your first pieces of content are experimental and will be stepping stones to the content that works. Start today! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the prep.

I don’t know why exactly, as you might expect.
But I was thinking about it because there are many untapped places to visit and film.

Will you be kind enough to tell me?

Sorry @pistachioguy that was a spammer.

It’s OK.

Thanks Melissa

I think you should choose one topic firstly, then you can expand your blog and be sincere and honest, people like it :yum:

1 Like

Hi Cassy,
Good advice.
Thanks