How can we help? Let's talk your ONE best takeaway from 2021!

Hey everyone - I hope you had a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!

Q4 is winding down and we’re heading straight for New Years. I thought it would be great to take a second or 10 to take stock of the past year. We came through a second year of pandemic. Some challenges we were better prepared for, others we had to go through and hopefully came out stronger. It’s been a year of learning to lean on our community as well.

I need TWO things from everyone - this would be helpful to our community!

1. Would you take a moment and share one thing that you really found useful this year or was something you learned and will help you in the coming year?
  2. What is something you want to focus on in the coming year that we can help with? Maybe find an expert to speak on the topic or someone right here in this community can give you an answer or suggestion. Need help solving a problem, maybe a tool can help. So please share below what we can workshop on with you!

Whether you’re busy at work this week or taking time off to be with loved ones, we wish you a Happy New Year!

Melissa
Pip and Ebby - VA

3 Likes

Happy Holidays!

I would say my biggest takeaway from 2021 is how important it is to be willing to pivot and try new things. I actually starting doing this in 2020, but with the pandemic, it was even more important this year and going into next year.

For example, looking back, I would have benefited from trying Google Web Stories when they were first released. Now I’m doing them, but I know I missed out on a lot of potential traffic in Q4 2020.

I know video will continue to be important, so I invested in a course that I will work through in Q1 2022.

And I will continue to take what I learned from my audit with Casey last month to make my blog stronger.

Looking forwarding to a successful 2022!

3 Likes

Hey @amykatz, thank you for sharing that with us! I love that you took “pivoting” as a takeaway because that’s such a valuable lesson in life in general and for sure in food blogging.

I agree with you that it’s important to try new things even if we’re resistant, to get some of that additional traffic. There’s always so much to try and do but paying attention to Google is something we’ve learned too.

I’m so glad you were able to get some helpful feedback with Casey and definitely dive into that. He’s got a lot of knowledge to help your blog too.

Sounds like you’re doing the right things and it’s going to pay off this year - way to go!!

1 Like

Hello everyone and happy holidays!!

This year I’m so glad I finally had my lightbulb moment on just how important keyword research really is. I took the Cooking with Keywords course and it was a total game changer. Writing with intent on what users are actually searching for, filling in those content gaps, and making little tweaks really helped!

Earlier this year I dipped my toes into the world of YouTube and was surprised at how much I enjoyed creating vlog-style and casual cooking videos. I found a new audience and really loved the entire process. A few months ago I realized in order to hit my blog goals for the year, I needed to scale back on YouTube.

When I think about my goals for 2022 and beyond, I see YT playing a role so I’m hoping to ramp back up and dedicate more time to growing my YouTube channel in Q1! Any food focused vloggers here?

Cheers, y’all :tada:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing that @jennaurben! That sounds like you really honed in on some specific goals and went after them, adjusting as needed. Both sound like great ways to build your business.

Have you looked into the new Pinterest TV at all? I wonder how closely that content will mirror YT in its style and format, but the Pinterest TV might be right up your alley!

Melissa

1 Like

Thanks, @mmgtorres! I haven’t experimented with Pinterest TV yet but I’m very intrigued by it. Do you have access to posting/going live? I can only watch right now.

1 Like

Hi @amykatz! Which course did you purchase? Video has been a huge part of my Q4 strategy and will definitely continue into next year! I love your videos, specifically your Reels & TikToks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cooking with Keywords is such a great course! I’m so glad I purchased it.

2 Likes

Pinterest TV? I’m really out of the loop!

1 Like

Thanks so much @jennaurben! I signed up for This Is Video School from Virginia Kerr. Maybe you follow her on IG. She is actually doing a free webinar this week in this Facebook group.

2 Likes

Wooo!! I can’t even express how excited I am for 2022. I have already learned so much this year, but looking forward to taking it even further in the new year.

The first thing that I found extremely useful this year was learning about Pinterest strategies! If you haven’t checked out the Perfecting Pinterest course – I highly encourage you to do so!

Secondly, my focus this year is going to be all about my niche. Thanks to the amazing ladies in the EBT Mastermind group I was able to solidify and define my blog’s niche.

1 Like