Hi! Kara with Sweetly Splendid

Hi Y’all! I’m Kara and I blog at Sweetly Splendid. My focus is on helping to take the stress out of meal time. I focus on easy-to-make, family-friendly food. A majority of my audience consists of moms who aren’t necessarily big fans of cooking but make dinner for their family every day and want something easy and yummy.

I’ve been blogging since 2013 but went full-time in 2019. I’ve been fully focused on it since then rather than it being a hobby.

A fun fact about me is that I’m not a picky eater and there’s only one food I’ve ever tried that I absolutely cannot stomach and its peanut butter. I’ll eat just about anything, but cannot even stand the smell of peanut butter. I’m pretty sure my friends and family question my sanity because of it!

I’m really excited to be here. Megan is so kind, helpful, and the knowledge that she shares has been so valuable to me since going full-time. One of my goals this year was to get more involved in the food blogging community (it can feel a bit isolating doing it all on your own!) and learn as much as I can while developing some great relationships.

3 Likes

Hi Kara! Welcome - It’s great to have you here!

Just had a little scroll through your blog, and it looks amazing. I really love the overall aesthetic and your photos.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work !

1 Like

Hi Kara! @sweetlysplendid SO great to have you here.

I love your fun fact! And really, just so happy you’re here. :heart: You’ve already brightened up the space even more.

1 Like

Welcome Kara! I love the niche you have and as a mom of 5, am definitely going to check out your tips and recipes. I do like cooking but just have so many directions am pulled in to get all the things done. I’m going to start with your Honey Garlic Chicken recipe!

Glad you’re here to learn more and encourage others. Megan’s constantly putting together great tips, providing resources and has great guests to inspire on EBT.

What’s been the most surprising thing about going full time as a blogger that you didn’t expect?

Melissa - VA

Hey Kara!! welcome to the forum. You’re going to love it here. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

1 Like

Hi Melissa! The honey garlic chicken recipe is one of my personal favorites. The most surprising thing about going full time as a blogger is that I still don’t have enough time to get to all the things :rofl:

That is a good point! In fact, I bought the chicken to make the recipe this weekend and that’s as far as I got.

What tools or styles of work do you find work for you? Megan has shared several podcast episodes on productivity and using different tools. It’s truly a trial and error process but there’s something out there that will help you start to make a rhythm and process to get more accomplished in a more orderly fashion so you don’t feel like you’re always behind.

Keep posting, asking questions and interacting here! There’s a great group of bloggers!