Hi! I'm Kristin from Dirt & Dough

Hi, My name is Kristin and my blog is named Dirt & Dough. My focus is on homemade and homegrown foods. I share recipes that are easy to make, sourdough bread tutorials & recipes, and some gardening tips and tricks.

I have been blogging for fun since Feb of 2020 but have decided to take it more seriously the past few months. I’m excited to get to know everyone and feel a part of this great community.

A fun fact is my family loves to camp and we go any opportunity we get.

2 Likes

Hey there Kristin!! So nice to meet you :grinning: and so happy that you are part of our community. How has it been going for you since you decided to take your blog more seriously? What changes have you been making to take Dirt & Dough to the next level???!

It is always so exciting!!! I had been blogging on and off since 2011, but decided to (finally) take my blog seriously at the beginning of 2021. I spend a lot of last year learning and discovering new things about what I want our of Girl Appetit, and I am excited to implement everything I learned into the new year!!

@KristinWeeks it is so good to have you here! I was just looking at your blog yesterday when I sent you the Clubhouse invite. I hope to see you in our CH chats in 2022!
ps. I LOVE that you are a camping family!

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome! It has been great. I’m really enjoying it and my traffic is steadily increasing. I’ve really been focusing on my photography and writing good content. Also learning all I can about SEO and trying to conenct with other bloggers.

That’s really exciting! What big things are you focusing on?

1 Like

Thank you for the invite, Megan! I really enjoyed listing in and will definitely be joining more. It was a crazy morning but was nice to be able to hear what others are focusing on in 2022.

Do you guys camp as well?

2 Likes

YES! Well, we love our RV but consider that “camping.” :sunglasses: We do a lot of RV traveling in the summer.

1 Like

That is us to! Our trailer is our second home.

2 Likes

@KristinWeeks Same! When we store our RV in the winter, it’s like saying good-bye to our home! It’s the best feeling in the world to pull it out of storage in spring.

1 Like

I resonate with this so much! If you ever make it out towards Washington we have some pretty cool camping areas.

2 Likes

We camped in Washington a few years ago. We stayed right on the beach but can’t remember the name of the campground now. It was beautiful and a spot none of us have forgotten!

1 Like

That’s amazing! Beach camping is so fun.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ll definitely need to check out your sourdough tutorials. My husband bought me a sourdough starter for my birthday this year, but I only dabble in bread baking. I can’t wait to get some ideas from you.

1 Like

Hi Renee! That is so exciting. The bread is just the best, isn’t it? I do have a few muffin recipes, some breakfast bites, and pancakes. Excited to see what you make with yours!

1 Like