Hi! I'm Gita from Arizona

Hi Everyone! My name is Gita and my blog is Warrior In The Kitchen (www.warriorinthekitchen.com). I started the blog almost 5 years ago to document our family recipes but was never serious about really working on it. I decided to revamp it about 6 months ago and start taking it seriously as a blogging business.

One of my struggles (among many) is to narrow down to a niche. My blog focuses on vegan and vegetarian recipes, but I’m not sure if I need to drill down even further into a more specific niche.

One fun fact is that my last name literally means Warrior in Sanskrit, thus the name Warrior In The Kitchen.

I’m very excited to be a part of this group!

Hi @WarriorInTheKitchen and WELCOME! I love that your name means “warrior!” That is the coolest name meaning ever.

I know so many vegan food bloggers who niche down even further and find great success. Vegan component aside, what are some of your favorite cooking styles, appliances, dishes, etc??

So happy to have you here, Gita!

Your recipes look so good! I personally am vegan (mostly) so I will be looking through your recipes to try some.
My site has a lot of vegan recipes and I am also trying to nitche down. However, it looks like my people are more into the party side of my site. I hired someone to help me with the SEO as I rewrite all my old posts. She saw the direction my traffic was coming from and is helping me with keywords as I rewrite them all. Big process.

Welcome!
Gina

Thanks Megan! You got me thinking with your great questions. I want to focus on creating vegan and vegetarian meals that are exciting and are inspired by the many cuisines of the world. I want people to know that living a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle does not mean having to eat bland steamed broccoli.
Thanks for welcoming me to this group. Excited to be a part of it!

1 Like

Thanks Gina. There is definitely more to blogging that I realized, and I’m excited to be a part of this group to learn!

Nice to “meet” you - I just joined too!

1 Like