Hi I'm Beth from Cornwall, UK

Hi everyone
Just a quick introduction from me (found the forum from the podcast, which I LOVE!). I’ve been blogging at Jam & Clotted Cream since way back in 2008, when my eldest daughter used to sleep ALL DAY…and I got bored on Maternity leave! That blog is on Blogger, and does well, considering…it’s on Blogger!!

A few months ago I decided to start a brand new food blog on Wordpress (well that was an eye opener after being on Blogger so long). I’ve decided to niche down a bit to fuss-free recipes for busy families (I have 3 children now, a puppy and constantly dashing from one place to another), it will also include meal planning tips and tricks blah blah. Anyway the new blog is Effortless Foodie. It’s also a good opportunity for me to get things right from the start, rather than spending soooo muuuuch time going back over old posts and optimizing, like I do on Jam & Clotted Cream.

I’ll still be updating Jam & Clotted Cream, but my focus will be on the new site. I’m lucky that my ad revenue on Jam & Clotted Cream is funding my new blog.

Looking forward to being part of this community of food bloggers.
Beth x

2 Likes

Glad you’re here! Wow, 2008 was back before most people were doing food blogs! What are some of the biggest differences you’ve found in using WordPress vs. Blogger. (I’m sure there are a lot!)

Hey Bethany. There was a small but select group of us food bloggers back then in 2008! A few are still around today, but many have gone by the wayside sadly. In terms of differences between Blogger and Wordpress…where do I start? There is so much more capability on wordpress via plug-ins etc. But actually I still really do like the simplicity of Blogger. I guess I’ve now got the best of both worlds. I think it will be interesting how quickly my new blog grows, compared to Jam & Clotted Cream.

1 Like

Hi Beth,
I’m a bit of a lurker here but felt I should say hi as I’m originally from Plymouth and my parents lived in Saltash. I’ve never “met” another blogger from that part of the world.
We moved to Canada a few years ago but visit the UK often to see family.
Good luck with your new venture. I love the name!

2 Likes

Welcome! I have been blogging for a long time also. Didn’t have time to focus on it much because I homeschool 6 kids but now I am an empty nester . I’m in the process of rebranding my blog and hoping to turn from hobby blogger to an income blog.
I love your light and airy photography.

Hi Mel! Ah small world! I know Plymouth well. We go and watch Argyle play quite a lot.

Wow 6 kids! I thought homeschooling 3 during lockdown was hard enough. Hats off to you!

Hi Beth @effortlessfoodie ! It’s so good to have you here! I totally hear what you’re saying about having to go back through old posts to optimize, etc. It’s a lot of work! Sometimes I feel like starting an entirely new site would be a relief. Way to go for diving into doing that. I think both of your sites look great!

Welcome to the forum and I hope you feel comfortable asking any food blogging questions you have!!

Hi @Mel ! I’m so happy you came out of lurking :laughing: and it’s good to have you here!!

1 Like