Favorite keyword research tools?

SEMrush is my favorite research tool for finding keywords, but it’s expensive.

What are your favorite free or affordable options for doing keyword research?

2 Likes

I use KWFinder, it is cheaper. Sometimes I also use Keywords everywhere (I bought like a $10 token and it gives a lot of credits since it is no longer free)

Google Keyword planner always has been confusing for me to use.

I prefer just searching in google and checking the related topics at the end and go from there (Free!)

2 Likes

Awesome, THANK YOU! And I 100% agree with you that Google Keyword Planner is weird.

1 Like

I like SEMrush as well - it’s definitely expensive. I also like the free version Ubersuggest from Neil Patel though sometimes it takes a long time to load for some reason.

3 Likes

I just cancelled my Semrush account and will be using KeySearch as my primary research. It has a lot of the features that I use in Semrush for much less money!

3 Likes

@AnaF As you dig in, let me know if there’s anything you miss about SEMrush. Is there something similar in KeySearch to the Content Template in semrush?
Tired of paying $100/month for another thing!

I would like to use Google Keyword Planner as it is the one who provided by Google. It give us the proper idea to establishing the business.

I use a combination of UberSuggest, Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends. It’s a lot of different platforms, but it’s all entirely free!

I use Ahrefs, which is very similar (in scope and price) to SEMrush. But I also use Keywords Everywhere which as mentioned above, is much cheaper. It doesn’t have as many features as Ahrefs though, so I will definitely keep both.

1 Like

I use a combination of https://www.thehoth.com/, Ubersuggest, and key words everywhere extension on my chrome.I always use all three.

1 Like

I love these two: wordtracker and Ubersuggest.

Wordtracker is simple and quick , Ubersuggest provides a lot of relevant SEO metrics . Have a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love Ubersuggest and Keywords Everywhere (both free versions) But I also like to use google search to see the “people also asked/searched” for even more ideas.

2 Likes

SEmrush, Google keyword planner and Keyword everywhere.

Moz isn’t bad as a keyword research tool and claims to be the most accurate for volume measurement, but it doesn’t offer great value or capacity for rank tracking and lacks the depth of features that the other platforms have.

2 Likes