Encouragement and Focus

I can admit that I sometimes look ahead to the next shiny penny before appreciating all the hard work I did to get this one. I also can lose sight of the fact that I needed this penny before I could get another one.

So how are you all staying focused on what you have, what’s in reach and not looking ahead too much?

Give me some food for thought…

Melissa

1 Like

Writing it down, or putting it up on a big poster (mood board) helps keep me focused! So whenever I look at it, I am reminded of my goals!

1 Like

Though I am still figuring out what “shiny penny” means exactly, regarding staying focused, I might say writing it done is the first step.

The second step to staying focused, in my humble opinion, is to look for minor, teeny tiny changes. Those changes will fuel your motivation to obtain a bigger achievement.

It is like driving on a road toward your destination. You know where you are headed but the destination is still out of your reach. You are watchful for the signs and symbols as to where you are going. Those will tell you whether you are on the right track or changing direction.

Yet a very powerful science-proven technique is called “mental contrasting”, in which you have to take moment to compare mentally your current situation with what you really want, as opposed to thinking merely about what you want. This may seem difficult at first but is very powerful in keeping you focused.