Email marketing with an email start guide series

Hello!

I was looking for this topic but didn’t come accross it.

I am thinking, to finally create an email list and I am thinking of making a quick start guide like vegan beginners guide per example since my blog has simple vegan recipes and my goal would be to help everyone that is not sure how to cook vegan food.

I am looking everywhere to check whether it is mandatory to have a physical address on my email list in Switzerland. Is it mandatory in every country? I know some people put fake addresses but it doesn’t seem like a good way to go for me…

What do you think?

And for the email list, my idea would be 5 topics on how to cook more vegan food and then email the weekly recipes and some pdf files from time to time or end up segmenting in the future. But since, right now, I have no one signed up, I am thinking I should start simple.

Sorry for the huge message! I am a bit confused when it comes to email marketing

Hi Marina,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, it is mandatory to have your address at the bottom of your emails due to the CAN- SPAM Act. A really easy way around this is to get a PO box address instead. In the UK, I found a service that provides a PO box address for free and I only have to pay if I get mail (I never do). It should be super easy to set up.

2. Your start guide for vegans sounds awesome! Just keep in mind who you’re targetting with it. If you have people on your website who are already vegan, they might be interested more in an exclusive recipe, or a masterlist of ingredients that every vegan should have in their house. But you can always create both freebies, and segment your list better that way.

3. Start by creating freebies and set up a welcome sequence after. Working on weekly emails while your list is under 200 people is not a great use of your time. But if you set it up so that every new subscriber gets 3-5 emails in the first 2-3 weeks of joining, you’re building that rapport automatically with all new subscribers.

4. I love talking about email marketing and I have a few posts up on my blog if you want to look more into it: https://thesheapproach.com/category/email-marketing-tips/.

But let me know if you have any follow-up questions!
Ana

1 Like

Hi Ana,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer :slight_smile:

I think in Switzerland the PO box is paid unfortunately but an email list is so important that I might just pay for one…

My website would be focusing on really beginners in vegan recipes but since I am only having 1000 users per month, I don’t really know what they would be interested in. They come mostly from facebook groups like vegan recipes for beginners, clean eating and vegan recipes in general.

About the freebie, that makes so much sense, thank you! Maybe for a freebie could it be interesting to do like a super small ebook with 2 breakfasts and 3 main recipes to make on a sunday as meal prep?

I will read carefully most of your blog posts!

Again, I can’t thank you enough :slight_smile:
Mariana