Donald Miller podcast episode

We’re all into the concept of scaling our businesses, whether it’s “just” a food blog, or other related ventures. I wanted to leave some encouragement here about scaling that came from Donald Miller’s podcast Building a Story Brand, episode 204 with Curt Richardson.

Curt is the founder of Otterbox and talks about his wild growth and success. One part of the episode really struck me…

Curt talks about hugely scaling a business and he says:
“You will have to be comfortable managing chaos. There is magic in chaos. Chaos doesn’t mean haphazard. Chaos means there is magic in letting something flow in a way you don’t have complete control over.” :heart:

I love that! We all tend to run from chaos, right? But if we go into a venture KNOWING it’s going to be turbulent and that magic will come out of that turbulence… chaos almost sounds inviting!

Later in the episode they talk about how getting a space shuttle out of the atmosphere is violent. It’s nuts! But once you get to the other side… :beach_umbrella:

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks, I downloaded the podcast. I really like his book. Building a story brand. I read it a few years ago. I think I need to pull it out and reread it now that I’m gearing up to take my blog to the next level.

2 Likes

Isn’t it great? I think it’s one of those books that should be revisited yearly!