? creating private libraries for audience?

I want to create two private libraries with all my free printables. I’m thinking it would be easier to give them access to all the freebies instead of signing up for each one individually. I would have one for party printables and one for canning. I seem to have a divided audience.
Does anyone know of a site that shows examples of how to do this? Should I just create a password protected page. Or should it be a link that is not published? I’m a little confused about how best to do this.
Thanks,
Gina

2 Likes

I’m hoping someone else who knows WP much better than I do can hop in and help you with this @Ginainga !

2 Likes

I’ve seen it work well to use a password-protected page and include the password and link at the footer of every email. I got this idea from A Piece of Rainbow who uses this for her printable art giveaways:

You could create a unique link to avoid pirating but it usually requires a paid product. So I think it’s only worth doing if your selling digital products. Since you’re giving away free printables I would just copy what Ananda does. Just make sure you add your logo to everything so if someone shares, you’ll have your link on the printable.

1 Like

I do not have my logo on the printables, that’s a good idea! I used to watermark back around 2010 - 2012 but just stopped doing it for no particular reason. I will have to go in and update my pdfs.
I could get lost on A Piece Of Rainbow. What a great site. I’m all about IKEA hacks too.
I like the idea of putting the password on each email. I was worried people would lose it but this way it’s always there for old subscribers.
Thanks for your help!
Gina

1 Like

That’s a good idea Gina.

It gets me thinking about what if I had a premium content section that I did charge money and then people would get the password to access it. I have been looking for additional ways to bring in income.

I ended up using essential grid to create a pass word protected page.
Gina

1 Like