Chat/AMA with Bethany Smith on user experience design (from 2/6/20)

Yeah, that looks great! Is it Tasty Recipes? Their default templates are good because I love the bold color up top that really helps it stand out – that’s what you want. On the WP Recipe Maker plugin, you can style it, but by default it tends to blend more making it harder to find.

The font looks easy to read and the bolded ingredients/instructions is good! I would use that contrast checker to see if the color of your text vs. the grey background is enough contrast. It looks good to me now, but how it just looks to us can be deceiving.

1 Like

WP Recipe Maker! It’s a custom card, I think.
Thanks for your input! I’ll check out the contrast checker.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time for this, Bethany! Do you have parting words of wisdom on UX? Besides UX IS EVERYTHING? :joy:

So, I looked on your live site, and the thing that I can now see in the pic too, but didn’t notice, is that your link text, really blends in and is hard to see! So you def want to change that color. On the “chocolate buttercream frosting” link you can see it.

1 Like

Ahh yes! I noticed that the other day, too, and need to fix it. Since my site recently exploded, I have a lot of fixes but I’ll start there.

1 Like

I think I’d just encourage everyone to get a UX-themed tshirt to help spread the word about how important it is. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Love it! I think we’re all slowly (or abruptly!) learning how important UX is.

Well thanks, Bethany! This was fun and I feel enlightened and ready to jump into my user’s shoes.

Thanks! It’s been fun to chat!

1 Like

Thanks all! The comments are now closed on this chat!