Changing your domaine name?

Hello, I’m still new at this so here goes-I originally named my blog after myself. I did this about a year and half ago when I had not a clue as to what to name my site. Since then, I’ve just been learning the tech side of things as I still work full-time so there are only a few recipes published. I’m working to create more content and have been making many changes-a huge one is changing the domain which I was very nervous about. Now, here I am looking at all of your other beautiful sites and decided to change my site to https://puertoricantastes.com And now it looks like the website has lost all SEO and is starting from scratch-Google analytics is zero up to the day I initiated the new domain. Is that what is supposed to happen when you change domains?

1 Like

Hey @Linda when did you make the domain switch? I know it can sometimes take A WHILE for things to normalize, but I’m not exactly sure how long.

I made the switch late last week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday and I see that Google Analytics is still trying to ‘sync’. I’m seeing some stats come back to life though…so I’m reassured that maybe it just needs more time as you say.

1 Like

@Linda I’ve heard that it takes a while (1-2 weeks??), but that they will start to pop back up. Fingers crossed that they come back at even higher ranking than before!

@Megan Thank so much! I will be patient! :crossed_fingers:

It’s always hard to be patient when you do those kinds of changes. We want immediate results and to know everything is ok. If it’s not after a week or two, circle back around. Maybe we can find out some help.

Eric, thanks for the words of encouragement! :slight_smile: