About the Introductions category

Introduce yourself here!
@megan and @BethanySmith are the board community managers/admins!

Please this thread to introduce yourself! Tell us:

1. Your name
  2. Your blog name and focus
  3. How long you’ve been blogging
  4. A fun fact about yourself

Hey y’all! I’m Ashley.

My blog is Confessions of a Grocery Addict (https://confessionsofagroceryaddict.com), which I started about three months ago. It was shortly after the COVID quarantine shut down the restaurant I worked at as a pastry chef, manager and server. I’m just trying to figure out how to serve the community now that my normal avenues of service are gone. I’m hopeful that my blog will make cooking feel more accessible to everyone, regardless of how busy they are. I want people to stay well nourished both physically and emotionally even if they have to stay home!

My blog is focused on giving honest reviews of groceries and kitchen equipment, as well as shortcuts, tips and tricks I’ve learned in the many years I’ve been in the kitchen. I’m a crazy person that tries all the new things I see at the store, so I figure I can help people decide whether or not to spend their money on things during this challenging time.

My style of cooking is very freehand, so it’s been interesting trying to codify my recipes in a replicable way! Between that, learning WordPress, figuring out all of the social media stuff and learning food photography, I’ve been on quite the journey for the past few months.

Fun fact: I’ve been a food lover for life, and I hosted my very first dinner party for my Mom’s surprise 40th birthday party when I was just 10.

Looking forward to connecting with and learning from you all. Cheers!

Ash, The Grocery Addict

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’m Stephanie and you can find me at Dinner Club Diaries on Instagram and Facebook! I focus on family friendly meals and entertaining with ease! I actually do belong to a dinner club with friends… but the pandemic has taken the fun out of that as well! I’ve been officially blogging almost a year - started just after last Thanksgiving. Fun fact about me? I’m a former High School French teacher, fluent in French and love all things Francophone! Our first family trip to Paris was cancelled this past June ;(

2 Likes

Hello!! My name is Anna Hettick, I blog at Food and DIY. I provide simple (yet still delicious) recipes, fun DIY projects, and home renovation for busy families. I have been blogging for 7 years. A fun fact about me is that I grew up on a farm and used to milk goats twice a day!

1 Like

Hello hello! My name is Kiki and I blog over at HealthySexyKitchen.com ! My blog focuses on healthy recipes and tips to help everyone plan, shop and eat in a healthier, happier way. I was also offering cooking classes, cooking parties, team-building events and personal healthy eating programs before COVID.
My blog is about 2 years old, but hasn’t gotten anywhere yet… sigh.
Fun fact?? I have been a certified SCUBA diver since 1982 and have dived all over the world. I can’t wait to be able to travel again!!

1 Like

Hey @KikiSimpson @foodanddiy @dinnerclubdiaries.

Welcome to the forum! For some reason, I didn’t get an alert about your intro posts! Both @megan and I are happy to have you on here!

Hello, I’m Oscar.
I have been blogging part time for about 3 years as a hobby and never thought about doing it full time as a career until now. Just added Google Adsense to my blog and figuring that out.

My blog name is I Hacked Diabetes and the focus is providing resources and recipes for diabetics, mostly keto, low carb, sugar free recipes. I’ve managed to control my type 2 diabetes with food, no medications, so I want to share and help people do the same. I have been fairly active in the Instagram community sharing my recipes and now want to focus on my blog full time. I have been using my iphone to take photos and recently purchased my first camera, a Canon D6.

Fun fact about me, I recently quit my job so that I can focus on things I love which is cooking, photography and creating videos. I am ready to dive deep into this world and learn as much as I can. My weaknesses are SEO and writing which I need to work on.

Hope to get to know some of you here.

3 Likes

Welcome, @Ihackeddiabetes! I’m so glad you’ve found this community while you are jumping into blogging more in-depth!

Hi everyone! My name is Angelica and I am true cooking nerd! I started my Instagram Bloom_thrucooking and Facebook during this crazy pandemic because I always wanted to but never had the opportunity too until now. I use to be a business/entrepreneur owner with employees (completely different business, franchise world) and had to close our business due the pandemic (yes it was sad but huge learning experience). Now, I am in this chapter in my life where I want to focus on what makes me happy which is my love for sharing and teaching people about cooking. My main focus is to teach beginners or those who are intimated by cooking, and help guide them in the kitchen.

I am a complete novice when it comes to food photography and YouTube making videos but still learning the ropes! So excited to be on here and learn from one another. Fun fact about me: My family had a small Mexican restaurant for 10 years (first job) growing up.

Looking forward to slowly stepping out my comfort zone and engage with everyone on here. “Happy Cooking” as Jacques Pepin would say :grinning:

2 Likes

Glad to have you here @bloomthrucooking!

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Lucy Seligman and I have a Japanese food blog called Thanks for the Meal (www.thanksforthemeal.net). I have been blogging since 2017. Fun Fact? I have lived in Japan for over 13 years and I speak Japanese!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Michele and my blog/website is ourconsciouskitchen.com. I’m a plant-based culinary nutrition coach and I help people pivot to plant-based eating without sacrificing time or taste.

I’m now spending a lot of energy and time to create an online course so the blog hasn’t been my main focus, but I intend to focus more on it after the course is done. I come from a 20+ year background in the fashion industry and started to do restaurant food photography and brand consultation about 3 years ago, as well as becoming certified as a nutrition coach. I now coach people 1-to-1 and pivoted online at the end of 2019.

I’m also a Climate Reality Leader, and help people understand that switching their eating pattern to plant-based is not only the healthiest eating pattern for them, but also happens to be the most impactful way they can make a difference to what’s happening with the climate crisis.

A fun fact is that I moved from the US to Asia almost 20 years ago and am now living in Hong Kong.

Hello everyone!

My name is Jocelyn and I love to cook! :heart:

My blog is called JOZmahal - Joz is my nickname and “mahal” means love in Tagalog (Philippine language). My mantra has always been to “cook with LOVE!”

I am still developing my niche, since I love to cook all types of food, it’s challenging for me to hone in on one subject. One thing for certain is as much as I love cooking I love entertaining too. Just this past weekend, I hosted a dinner party serving Moroccan dishes. And my guests were in awe and felt as if we went on a mini-vacation. That is how I love to entertain. That is success to me! :slight_smile:

I’ve been blogging for many years under different domain names. However, it wasn’t until about a couple of years ago that I gave birth to JOZmahal. Yet it took me a while to gain momentum and thanks to many networking opportunities that I finally was able to see potential in my passion and food blogging.

Fun fact about me: As a child, I never played with dolls, I was the one with cooking utensils and kitchenware and pretended to cook and served my playmates. So…who knew?! :wink:

I am looking forward to this community and getting to know all of you! I have already learned so much since I joined. And @megan is the hostess with the mostest! :clap:t2:

Jocelyn

Hi everyone! I’m Katie and I blog at Wheat by the Wayside. I’ve been working on this blog for about 3 years now!

What started as a way to document my gluten-free journey after a Celiac Disease diagnosis, quickly became a mission to share recipes that are easy, accessible, and reliable. In the beginning, I felt overwhelmed by the way some recipes were shared in books and online. Everyone had their own unique flour blends and swore if you didn’t use their mix, the recipes would fail. It was intimidating. It became my mission to create recipes that would work for people, using several popular flour blends available on the market. I test my recipes many times before they even make it to the blog. I get a lot of positive feedback on my recipes, which really helps motivate me to keep going!

Hi Food Bloggers, My name is John Mooney and thanks to Kate over at Side Chef I found this marvelous community. My blog is Throwdown Kitchen and I have been writing for a little over a year.
Coming out of the catering industry I share my recipes, experiences and wonderful foods from some pretty amazing people. Taking it 10x this year!

1 Like

Welcome John! I like Kate. She seems real nice. Looking forward to getting to know you and will be checking out your blog now. Make it a great day!

1 Like

Hello from Los Angeles! Ana here with claudiastable.com. Blog focus is all California inspired recipes: regional, cultural and seasonal. I’ve been blogging for about 1 1/2 years.
Fun fact: by day, I work in Fashion. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hi everyone!

My name’s Rob from Gather Food Blog and I’ve just stumbled across this rather wonderful community of likeminded bloggers. I’ve been blogging now for a little over a year, although it’s been a little on and off due to juggling our tiny toddler and now a newborn baby!

Just trying to get my head around SEO at the mo and working out how to grow my blog. I’m really glad to be a part of the community and will look forward to sharing tips and experiences with you all. Can’t wait to check out all your blogs too!

All the best,

Rob

Hello! My (nick) name is Kuropika.

My website+blog is https://homecookingtime.xyz. I would say I’m the website manager and blog content creator, because I make it with a very very close relative, who is the Chef, and I encouraged her to share her huge knowledge of cooking and recipes to everyone. At same time I want it to be a window for Latin food to English speaker communities, particularly Paraguayan food.

The website currently focuses in Latin American and Mediterranean cuisine, while in the blog I have in mind a list of topics related to nutrition.

I’ve been blogging as a hobby since many years ago, but my cooking website is new and now has around two months and half, once I finally was able to invest in it.

I guess a fun fact about myself is that I’m super introverted but I tend to type a lot (like in this post, but I’ll reduce it in the forum, currently this one is a bit off topic so is relaxed)

So, currently I’m learning a lot about cooking, and my strengths by experience are Website Building, Website maintenance, SEO Optimised website, Website speed optimisation, and also the chemical and research side for my uni studies.

Precisely because of university I struggle with the time to post in my website more often but I’m glad I could build the website with all the features I like, and I hope I can add to this community some of the stuffs I learnt from experience and reading about those technical stuffs as we all collaborate to have nice cooking websites)

PS: sorry for long reply, as is introduction I wanted to do it like this but I will avoid it from now on!

Hi! I’m Kim from kickassbaker.com. I share baking recipes for busy families, like my own. I am a part-time blogger, full-time communications manager at a healthcare company, and full-time wife and mom to 2 beautiful teenage girls. I have been blogging since May 2018.

Fun fact: I had never used a DSLR camera prior to about 3 years ago and now I am in love with food photography!