0 - 50k sessions in 12 months Yay!

Hi everyone. I haven’t been on the forums for a while but thought it was time to hop back in and share some news!

Some of you may remember I started a second food blog (Effortless Foodie) in June last year and I’m pleased to report I got to the 50k requirement for Mediavine on 12th June. I’d originally set myself the target of 18 months to get monetised so I’m super happy I managed it in just over 12 months.

My first blog which I started in 2008 (Jam and Clotted Cream - a niche Cornish recipe blog (I’m in the UK)) was, and still is on Blogger and I didn’t manage to monetise that until 2018! I had over 600 recipes on Jam and Cream and just couldn’t bring myself to switch it to WP…so I decided to start a new blog instead!

I put my success down to a great theme (I use Feast plugin), Bigscoots for hosting and concentrating 100% on SEO. I automate all of my social media (I only do FB and Twitter) via Co-schedule. I’m also an avid fan of the EBT podcast and listen to all the episodes whilst I’m walking the dog!

Can’t wait to see what the next 12 months brings! For anyone starting out, monetising with a good ad network is totally do-able in a fairly short space of time as long as you are focussing on the things that will bring you that ROI! SEO SEO SEO!!!

7 Likes

Congratulations on your accomplishment! That’s inspiring-hope I can say the same next year. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

How inspiring! Thank you for sharing. I recently quit my FT job so I can focus on my blogging more. I want to be where you’re at now within the next 12 months too!!

1 Like

Amazing News! Happy for you.
Would be kind enough to answer a couple questions?
How many recipes have you written in the year?
Did you have an established Facebook group and email list from the previous blog?
Other than SEO , any secret to 50 k?

@effortlessfoodie YES YES YES! This made my morning! Thank you so much for sharing and way to KILL IT! I’m super happy for you and inspired by you!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hi there. I had 125 recipes on the blog by the time I reached 50k sessions. I started a brand new email list for my new blog, although I did publicize it through the existing email list a few times. I’ve also started a Facebook group for Effortless Foodie, which seems to perform a lot better than pages!

1 Like